random thoughts I think you’d somehow be interested in knowing…
1) Olympics – these happened on Friday. And I have a feeling they will neeeeed to happen like 17 more times in the next two weeks. And that you will neeeeeed to make them, too.
2) Speaking of the Olympics, during this weekend’s morning runs Matt graduated from saying “can you believe we’re cheating on our spouses?” when people run by and instead said, “can you believe we didn’t make the Olympic team?” Never a dull moment with this one.
3) I still cannot believe this happened. “Just when I thought you couldn’t possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this… and totally redeem yourself!” Really Kristen Stewart, like you can make yourself any more likable. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO THAT POOR (but really rich and gorgeous) ENGLISH BLOKE?!
Since this news totally rocked the world of all of every girl in my office, we had many-a-K. Stewart bashes and “what type of PR move should Robert Pattinson make” discussions. Which led to the decision of who should console his homewrecked heart. Since I am proudly 100 percent Team Edward, I volunteered myself…strictly under “the list” clause. You know, the-list-of- celebrities-it-is-okay-to-date-if-the-situation-presented-itself-even-if-you’re-married clause?
You know, the list Ross laminated after he took Isabella Rosalini off and then happen to run into her? Please tell me I’m not the only Friends freak in the house. Anyways, I went into a really deep thought on who else would round out my “list.” I mean, out of all things in life you should really, really be sure of, it is your list. Because you have to laminate it.
As of right now, I’m thinking (in no particular order):
And yes….possibly Robert Pattinson. I can’t really take him off the list now, because we all know (well at least I do) what happened to Ross.
4) I am officially on the hunt for my beloved, apparently discontinued Tresemme Touchable Curls product. And by “on the hunt” I mean I’ve spent three of my lunch hours this week power walking to every location within a three-mile radius of my office that sells hair products. I still haven’t found it, but the 100 percent humidity we’ve experienced in DC is reallyyyy filling in nicely.
5) Ch-ch-ch-changes. Last names, job titles…At least one thing has stayed consistent! Weird to think that I have been all of these people in less than a year.
7) Yesterday, I made this uuuunnnrrreeeallll iced coffee drink in our new Vitamix to sip on, poolside. Five minutes after this picture was taken, Matt spilled it all over the lounge chairs. I was not happy…and neither was the lifegaurd. Take it out of our security deposit!
8) Or don’t, because I “accidentally” splurged on this highlighter stick/cream yesterday at Sephora. I didn’t mean to, see – I had tested out so many highlighters in the store that within ten minutes, I looked like I had just come from the circus. Or from my 1994 roller skating birthday party. Member the roll-on glitter tubs? Ahhhh. Anyways, I had to buy something or else I was worried they’d escort me out.
9) Last week, my brother Joe, sister-in-law Janice and my nieces Gianna, Cecilia and Marianna (can’t get more I-talian than that) came to visit us. And while I am always crazy excited to have guests, I also tend to have minor panic attacks in the days leading up to their arrival… mostly because I have so many dishes I want to make but so little time to prepare anything. (Not because I procrastinate or anything.) So when Joe called me at work to tell me they were pulling up to our apartment, I had to warn him that there was nothing ready for dinner yet and that we could totally go to the grocery store when I get home to buy food for the girls to snack on all weekend. I apologized for being so ill-prepared and that someday I will be the cool aunt who always has fresh baked cookies and a special stash of Dunk-a-Roo’s just for them. Ten minutes later, I received this text message:
“So freaking funny that you were stressed about food. 7 boxes of cereal, 5 lbs of nuts. 27 lbs of chicken, jello as far as the eye can see, 82 cans of beans, 3 dozen eggs, a crisper full of fruit and veggies respectively, watermelon, great beer, possibly a coconut, two jumbo ketchups, lots of chocolate treats, frozen and non frozen blueberries, an entire pantry that i have not even looked at yet AND BLACK RASPBERRY ICE CREAM! Mom would be so proud! :)”
Five minutes later…
“11 more boxes of cereal in the pantry by the way. You should really check out hoarders.com”
Yep…I am my mother’s daughter. And a bonafide food hoarder.