Photos of another fantastic yet fleeting weekend:
1) Long run Saturday morning to National Harbor. See that red speck way ahead on the bridge? That’s Marathon Matt – I told him to run ahead while I took a “photo” break.
2) New cigar box from my dear coworker, Kate. Perfect for holding daily prized possessions, like my re-possessed LOFT card.
3) Slow-roasted tomato bruschetta from my new Gourmet cookbook. Soooooo good. (And soooo not a Hipsamatic picture, but I tried to make it look like one! #fail)
4) Gin & tonic mixed by Brett “Cocktail” Sullivan. We’ll be having these every day this summer, as he and Corri are moving DOWN THE STREET! Wooo-hooo!
5) Beautiful tulips are in bloom all over Old Town. Here’s a pretty patch and our dock (where Matt proposed) in the background.
6) Lovely tree and Potomac along the sunny morning walk to Crystal City.
7) Sunday date at Society Fair.
8) Which turned into a specialty cocktail tasting – Matt’s pick was the “Whiskey & Wine.” It was served at room temperature and actually didn’t make me wince!
9) Crock-pot jambalaya and crusty bread from Society Fair…that we ate “Aladdin-style” on our walk home.
10) First Cadbury egg of the season! And of Matt’s life, apparently. It showed – he was a messy amateur Cadbury egg eater.
11) Before bedtime, pouring over the (unfinished) scrapbook I made Matt of our first year together. Below is the “first trip AM took to DC!” page. It was two weeks after we met!
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and a great Monday (if that is possible) back at work. :)