As you may have heard, my hometown of Buffalo, NY is completely snowed in under record amounts of snowfall. And since I can’t be there to shovel my way to my family and friend’s houses and offer them food and, well, bourbon, I thought I’d send my love through the internet with this roundup of booze-filled, tummy-warming, multiple-snow-day-living hot chocolate recipes. And since it snowed a half an inch in Lexington this week, I’ll drink to that, too.
(note: some of these are not vegan, but could be easily modified with heavy cream swapped for coconut milk and cow’s milk for almond/soy milk.)
1) Grown Up Hot Chocolate with Homemade Bailey’s Marshmallows via How Sweet It Is
2) Peppermint Vodka Hot Chocolate via Fork vs. Spoon
3) Boozy Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate via Minimalist Baker
4) Frozen Spiked Mexican Spiced Hot Chocolate via The Well Floured Kitchen
5) Black Cherry Bourbon Hot Chocolate via Living Better Together
6) Boozy Raspberry Hot Chocolate via Host the Toast