So I know I promised to write about day two of my dream weekend in my next post, buuuuut I lied.
Well, I got hungry. And really distracted. And then really panicked because I wasted so much time being hungry and distracted. So therefore, that made me lie.
Either way you want to slice it, truth is I can’t stop looking at BBQ/picnic recipes this Memorial Day weekend. Matt and I don’t have any big plans, as we’re lying low until our big Seattle trip next month (oh yea, and the marathon/half marathon thing), but we may take a day trip to a nearby beach.
Orrrrr we might have a BBQ! We just learned that some family members will be passing through town, so that got me thinking that maybe on the day that we don’t go to the beach (I love how tacking on just one more day to the weekend allows you to say things like that) we can throw a little shindig in our courtyard. After all, we are celebrating our pool opening, our 2nd year being in DC and, most importantly, honoring our veterans and our soldiers. Which means mama has every excuse to make crazy amounts of burgers, salsa, tortilla chips, popsicles and then fill the freezer with all sorts of jargaritas!
Here are a few recipes on my Memorial Day Weekend wish list:
1) Homemade hard lemonade from My Fudo
2) Salt and Lime Tortilla Chips with Strawberry Avocado Salsa from Peas and Thank You
3) Sweet Corn and Roasted Jalepeno Hummus from How Sweet It Is
3) Buffalo Turkey Burgers from Bev Cooks
4) Grilled Vegetables with Basil Pecan Pesto from The Meaning of Pie
5) Strawberry Shortcake Rice Krispie Treats from Sweet Treats and More
6) Red, White and Blueberry Yogurt Pops from Back to Her Roots
So now, can you blame me for drooling over these recipes instead of writing what I promised?
Cheers to the brave men and women (including my father-in-law, MG Izzo!) who serve and protect our beloved country so we can enjoy a relaxing Memorial Day weekend! Stay safe and soak up all three days with good friends and good food. :)