Random ramblings of the week…
1) Hey girl walking around DC at lunchtime in four-inch heels: You and I both know you have three pairs of flats under your desk. Stop trying to impress everyone.
2) I’m about five months behind the food blogging world and just had biscoff/speculoos/cookie butter for the first time today. OH.MY.GOSH! The nutrition label was in French, so thankfully I couldn’t comprehend the 37,489 calories gliding right to my hips. Good thing my half-marathon training starts Monday!
3) Another thing I just caught the gist of is this whole “Everybody hates Ann Curry” movement. I heard some of my co-workers talking about it yesterday, then came across this article on gawker. I feel bad because while I miss Meredith Viera, I never had a problem with Ann and thought she was doing a pretty okay job. Then I watched closely to the Today show this morning…yea, girlfriend isn’t really great at being funny/bubbly. My make-believe best friend Hoda Kotb was in for Matt, and her awkward facial expressions towards an awkward Ann said it all. Come to think of it – why didn’t Hoda replace Meredith!? Poor Ann.
4) And poor Anne Marie. Literally. Yesterday, Matt confiscated my LOFT credit card after late payment(s) and an interest rate up the wah-zoo. Sooo can someone pleaseeee buy me this and this and this? I’ll pay you back – I’m good for it.
5) Because I’m going to win the lottery tonight, obviously. And when I do, I’ll pay back all of my bills, college loans (Go Bona’s!) and buy an entire LOFT all for myself. I will also fly all of you dear people out to our new vineyard in Tuscany, where we will all sit at long communal tables set out in our sprawling backyard overlooking the mountains and drink wine (from our vineyard) and eat wheels and wheels of perfectly aged cheese. Then I’ll have my personal pastry chef (until I’m finished with my culinary degree) whip us up 27 flavors of gelato for us to eat while talking about how much we love not having to ever ever ever worry about running out of money. Or wine.
I’m also planning on building my own personal Wegmans on the vineyard grounds (you know, because there will be just SO much land). Can’t think of a better way to spend $640 million!
Have a great weekend everyone! And – I’m sorry, I can’t help my nerdy self – may the lotto odds be ever in your favor.