I cannot believe it is already Friday! We have spent the last two weeks at home in Kentucky instead of traveling up and down the East Coast, and it has been really, really nice. We finally unpacked the sea of boxes downstairs, organized random clutter that comes with moving and not knowing where the heck you’re putting things, and spent time going for long walks and enjoying our new ‘hood. Oh AND…we FINALLY found a running trail by our apartment! This is a life-changer, at least for me, because running on the side of a busy road (to the lovely soundtrack of honks and “oh yea, run baby!”) was really testing my running spirit. But this trail…with its shady trees, bluegrass surroundings and nothing but the sounds of crickets and my feet hitting the pavement…I’m back in the game, baby!
My brother and his family are coming down this weekend to see us on their annual Minnuto Summer Road Trip! They have come each summer since we moved from Buffalo – twice to Alexandria, once to DC and now, they are headed to Lexington, y’all! I am so excited for their visit (and their promised gifts from Wegmans), especially since our place down here could eat our DC apartment for breakfast. We actually have a second bedroom and two more floors for them to set up shop in! Speaking of floors, I should probably go and clean them now…
Here are some fun/interesting/delicious/hilarious links for your weekend. Have a fabulous one!
1) Just when I thought I was too old to chase down Mr. Softie, some amazing person paired the mobile ice cream treats with rosé. Double cone and Rosa del rosa, please! (via vanityfair.com)
Also, can I just tell you how happy I am that there is an article on Mister Softie AND the legendary double cone? I was talking to a fellow 80s child last week about the wonders of Mister Softie and he looked at me like I was batshit cray cray. HE DOES EXIST! Or at least, did exist before stupid “Mr. Cool” came around.
2) Last week I wrote about my dream outdoor bar. Well, here is my dream bathroom. Husband’s approval NOT required. (via huffingtonpost.com)
3) Amazing/genius/oh-my-gosh-I-need one: this artist buys cheap thrift store paintings and inserts pop culture references. (via boredpanda.com)
4) Mama, take notes: 17 things women without children are tired of hearing. HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME! (via buzzfeed.com)
5) However, when it comes to kids (and I do love them, don’t get me wrong!) this kid is “apparently” the absolute best. I want/neeeeed to hang out with him. (youtube.com)