My current top ten of the week…
1) Runs along the Potomac. I don’t do them as often as my soon-to-be-marathoner-husband, but I have big plans for them in the future. When it is warmer.
2) Walking King Street and strolling along the water. Matt and I have probably walked all of Old Town at least 150+ times, but it never gets old. If we move into the city, it will be what I miss most.
3) I would also miss the NEW ANTHROPOLOGIE THAT JUST OPENED ON KING STREET!!! Which we have also probably visited 150+ times. Did I mention it has only been open for a week?
4) And every time we go in, I try on this dress. I can’t buy it because it is way too expensive and I have nothing to wear it to (it would be the perfect “I live on a farm” dress) but for those five to ten (okay, maybe 15) minutes I have it on in the store, I am in my glory. Did I mention my birthday is Feb. 19?
5) Weekend nights filled with pizza, wine, mason jars & the new “Luck” show on HBO. Reminds me of summer nights in Saratoga. Minus Janie’s delicious cooking, of course!
6) Loading up on sugar at Candi’s Candies in Old Town. Matt and I may have spent $15 on our favorite candy from our childhood, including Fruit Stripe gum! (which now apparently comes in sugar-free packs…my dentist would be so happy.) And I may or may not have tattooed my hands with the Fruit Stripe gum wrappers the entire walk home.
7) LOFT sales. But I know, you knew that already.
8. Clementines. We’ve averaged about a crate and a half per week. High five for already reaching our Vitamin C quota for the year!
9. Society Fair, the new restaurant/wine bar/market/deli/bakery/coffee shop that opened down the street. It’s like they KNEW exactly what my dreams are made of! They also have plans to open an indoor farmers’ market next door to the shop. I love them. (Apparently the little old man in the picture is just as enamored.)
10. And finally, perhaps our ultimate favorite thing – little miss Emma! Your aunt AM and uncle Matt are sooooo excited to meet you this weekend! As you can see, one of her favorite things in one-week life so far is DC. :)
Hope everyone is having a fabulous week so far. I am working on a few food posts (including a great one about that one time last weekend when Matt tried to make sausage-stuffed pretzels. I promise, it is a must-read) so please come back and visit soon!